Tuesday, December 15, 2009
With Love Wednesday
BASICS: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MAN AND WOMAN
Perhaps you wondered if God was playing a cruel trick by making men and women so different from each other. Perhaps you have entertained the thought that God must have made a mistake. But right now. Now please keep in mind we are generalizing. Not all men and all women fall into these categories, but most do.
1. Men have one-track minds. They don’t look left or right.
2. They don’t ask directions¨ because they don’t like to admit they’re wrong.
3. Men blurt word s and don’t notice they have already hurt their wives feelings.
4. When men get angry, they’ll yell and scream and that’s it¨ it’s over and done.
5. When men lost their belts, they ask their wives and think they’re the ones who put them away.
6. When men see scattered stuffs, they just step over them until their wives told them to pick them up.
7. While women can use sex to get what they want, men cannot, because sex is what they want.
8. With all said and done, "I still love you (points at Ted) because of what you’re to me."
1. Women are more sensitive and emotional.
2. They are more caring and nurturing.
3. Women are more easily side-tracked.
4. They are more observant of the surroundings.
5. Women try to "fix" people whether or not the person wants to be fixed.
6. Women get angry by either being silent. And they stat mad for days.
7. Trying to make up and to say sorry is just not enough for women.
You have to do like 10 nice things to make up for one bad thing you did.
8. With all said and done, I still love my wife, because she is a God-given gift to me.
Unfortunately, more often than not, the differences between a man and a woman can cause friction. Each is viewing the same situation through their own eyes; eyes that perceive the same thing in different ways. The question of the day is: "How can I learn to work as a HALF of a two-person relationship?"
But God has a plan¨ He designed men and women to be a TEAM. A man plus a woman is like to pieces of a puzzle. Together they make a WHOLE picture. The man can attack a project and not be sidetracked while a woman can clue on details. The man can be strong and tough during hard times and the woman can let him know what is happening on the emotional side. The man can be a rock, the woman can be his pillow.
The Bible also gives us answers on how to relate with our spouses. If we begin applying its counsels, we will be headed in the right direction. Here is the counsel: "Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one another." Ephesians 4:32: "And be ye kind one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ¡¯s sake hath forgiven you."
We are members of CFM, Caring for Marriage USA, Philippine base, and me and my husband did a seminar-workshop on the differences of men and women last month at Makati City group of couples, the excerpt are those mentioned above. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it.