1/2 kilo oxtail
1/2 kilo beef stripe
1/2 cup oil
4 tablespoons atsuete oil
2 heads garlic (minced)
2 medium sized onions (diced)
1/2 cup bagoong alamang
3 cup ground nuts or 4 cups of peanut butter
1/4 cup ground toasted rice
5 pieces eggplant (sliced into rings)
1 banana bud (cut to almost proportional to eggplant slices, blanch in boiling water)
1 bundle sitaw (string beans) cut to 2″ long
1 bundle pechay (bok-choy)
Salt and Pepper
1. In a casserole, boil oxtail, beef stripe. Lower fire and let simmer until cooked. Remove all scum that rises to the surface.
2. Drain, set aside then reserve the stock.
3. In a big wok, heat oil and atsuete oil and saute garlic, onion and toasted rice and nuts (if using nuts).
4. Add oxtail and beef stripe, pour in the stock, season with salt and pepper and add peanut butter (if using peanut butter).
5. Simmer until all flavors are incorporated, then add the vegetables.
6. Make sure vegetables is not over-cooked.
7. Serve hot with bagoong /or fish sauce and chili pepper